Moisture absorbers and moisture removers are terms used interchangeably for products or strategies to remove moisture from the home in an attempt to prevent mold from growing or to stop mold that has begun to grow already. Mold is a fungus that grows and thrives in damp areas in the home like the basement, bathrooms and kitchen.
While mold is “natural” outdoors and actually is beneficial because it destroys decaying, dying things, it’s not something you want to have in your home. It smells terrible and can be a health hazard because it releases allergens, respiratory irritants and mycotoxins (toxic substances) into the air that you and your family breathe.
A room moisture absorber will help rid your home of mold, and using various moisture absorbent products will keep your family safe from the harmful effects of this very unwanted houseguest.